So, I wore this boring outfit to work today. I felt fat all day because I am. This is a nice pinstriped skirt, but it's a little snug on me now. And you've seen it before. It was a Level 1 and I didn't wear a suit. Oops!

Enough about today, seriously. Today I got a box from my friend Barbarella. And let me tell you, it was SO exciting. As I was opening it and pulling each thing out, my daughter was all, "Are you going to cry??" HA! Seriously. This is amazing.
She sent me these three t-shirts! The Breakfast Club, Easy Like Sunday Morning, and I Hated Bush Before It Was Cool!
There was a fourth shirt that didn't make the picture because it got covered in smashed styrofoam balls. And it's kind of offensive, but I like it!
Then there is this jacket. Sorry the pictures are so shitty.
I might want some suggestions on how to wear it, but right now I'm thinking black pants. I always think black pants.
Then there's this shirt. Black lace. I know exactly what to do with this. Maybe even wear it with that jacket up there?
Detail.
Then there's this dress. I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but I do like it a lot. It feels like a robe!! And it still has the tags on it. :)
The arm holes are friggin huge. How giant is my armpit supposed to be, exactly? Am I supposed to be smuggling small children under there? WMD's?
The sleeve fit is also kind of funny, which I've found with this brand (apt. 9 from Kohl's - some stuff I love, other stuff I love but it fits all crazy like). When I raise my arm, the shoulder puffs up and it's tight on my bicep due to all that extra room in my armpits for child smuggling.
Overall, I love it. And I will probably wear it. The fit issues are minor.











4 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you liked the stuff. Does everything fit? I was afraid it was all going to be too big.
Can't wait to see the creations you put together!
~Barb
Lovely clothes! The jacket is killer -- from the pix it looks to me like you could wear that with anything, really, anything.
And you are not fat, that's ridiculous and the thought should perish from your mind (and blog) forever. How clothes fit YOU is what counts, not size. Size is just a guage of how to make sure stuff fits. If it doesn't fit, it's not you, it's the garment.
Anyway, great clothes, have fun with them!
Love the jacket! What a great texture! I'd pair with with perhaps black trousers and a green or blue top. Red is so overdone. Or gray trousers and a yellow top.
Love that dress and the t-shirts (ahhh, where do you even get a Breakfast Club shirt?! So cool)!
Post a Comment